Match Group, after successful testing, began rolling out video calling (streaming) to Tinder internationally, currently available in Brazil, Australia, Spain, Italy, France, Vietnam, Indonesia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Peru, Chile and several US states (Virginia, Colorado, Illinois, and Georgia).
“Tinder is also set to begin testing a new “Platinum” subscription plan – it is reported that this subscription will provide subscribers with more premium features than Tinder Gold or Tinder Plus, which are rumored to include:
• the ability to send a message along with a super like;
• priority likes – super boosts (it is not yet clear how it will work)
• see who has liked you (this function was previously only available on Tinder Gold)
> Tinder is accused of not paying Indian taxes. Also included are Zoom, Tumblr, and Microsoft’s Skype. The government found that most companies don’t pay because they just don’t know about the tax. Companies that fail to comply with the law can be fined.
> The Australian consumer organization Choice has filed a formal complaint with the national consumer protection commission ACCC after conducting a mystery shopping survey that found prices for a monthly Tinder Plus subscription range from $ 6.99 to $ 34 depending on the age of the user (the older the more expensive).
> Match Group announces Jim Lanzone as the new CEO of Tinder. Former CEO Eli Seidman was fired.
OkCupid has added a new “stacks” feature that will help users organize all their potential matches by category: “Nearby”, “Online”, “Recommended”.
Badoo has launched the “Private Detector” feature that automatically blurs nude photos.
Meet Group News
Within a month Meet Group entered into two partnership agreements at once:
• Within the framework of the DateNight program in MeetMe and Skout applications, they will distribute gift coupons for $ 10 for couples who want to have an offline date in 18 chain restaurants in the USA.
• with the UrSafe personal safety application, which will provide users with various methods of ensuring safety during offline dates.
Every Meet Group customer will be able to receive a 60-day free subscription.
The Zoosk user group filed a lawsuit against the platform in response to a massive data breach earlier this year.
In May 2020, it was discovered that the personal information of 30M Zoosk members (approximately 85% of the entire community) was listed for sale on the darknet.